Now I am sure you are like me and have tried a few dozen banana bread recipes! Well here is one more that I find a winner. Perhaps use it as a Christmas gift with a difference, it will definitely be gobbled down on Boxing Day.
3 large ripe bananas, mashed
2 cups self-rising flour
½ cup vegetable oli
1 cup granulated sugar
½ cup chopped nuts
– Mix the flour and sugar together in a bowl.
– Lightly beat eggs and add the mashed bananas and oil.
– Mix in the flour/sugar mixture.
– Then add the nuts.
– Pour batter into a greased loaf tin.
– Bake for 1 hour at 160 C or until cooked through ( this can be affected by the moisture from the bananas, so check before removing)
– Remove and cool in the pan on wire rack.